Casey's Corny Corner

Monday, January 30, 2006

Piano Trio

Tonight at 7:30 marked the end of a glorious era. Dr. Sue Holder, founder of the Epsilon Kappa chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota, gave her final recital as a faculty member at Louisiana Tech University.

With all sentiments aside, tonight's performance was, in my opinion, okay. The first half of the recital featured Hayden and Schumann. After intermission, the natural trumpet joined the trio for a piece by Guiseppe Torelli. After the trumpet piece, the trio performed a piece by Turina.

As you may see, I have a passion for music. I also love to attend string concerts because Tech doesn't have a strong, but growing string program.

I must cut this short because I have homework AND I get to teach Ruston High School's band. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home